Monday, November 30, 2009

The Phone Call

I was reflecting on my many blessings before the Thanksgiving month comes to a close.  One of the things that is a real blessing to me is making the call to a family to tell let them know a birth mother has chosen them to adopt her baby.  For me it is a miracle that I am put in this position to share this wonderful news with families.  For many of them it has been a real uphill battle as they have had to overcome personal disappointment.

The phone call itself is only the first step along the adoption placement journey.  It is a time of cautious excitement, and overwhelming hope.  My wife and I have been on the other side of the phone twice myself and I can appreciate the uncertainty of the moment.

I get emotional after everyone of those calls.  I am so happy for my family and it touches my heart that they can put down the emotional weight of not having children as they get ready to meet the woman that will place her child with them.

I am so grateful to be a stepping stone for them as they come closer to ending their adoption journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment